MTEC SmartZone’s four incubator locations nurture businesses, attract funding, create jobs and bring recognition to the Upper Peninsula.
- Graduated 10 companies that are still growing locally
- 44 technology companies
- $525,000 in client funding
- Launched a pre-incubator program, SmartStart
- 32 start-up companies
- $3 million in training and support program grants
- $4 million in local property upgrades at all four incubator locations
- Created 500 high-tech jobs
- Attracted 6 Fortune 500 Companies
- Five-time winner of Michigan's 50 Companies to Watch Award
- 2012 Keweenaw Spark Plug Award for 'Growth'
- Political Goodwill: City of Houghton, City of Hancock, Michigan Tech, KEDA